Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Bailey's Hot Fudge Sundae




Last night I went out with a friend to a movie and afterwards we decided to get hot fudge sundaes.  I had not had one in years and it was sublime.

Oddly, we both remembered being taken to Bailey's in Boston for hot fudge sundaes when we were children.  Bailey's sundaes were magnificent decadence.

My first was when I was on a shopping trip with my mother and aunt.  At lunch time we went into Bailey's.  They ordered some boring sandwiches.  I was allowed to order a hot fudge sundae. When it arrived at the table, I could not believe my eyes.

Contrary to the traditional, pokey sundae that was served in a neat glass pedestal vessel, this was served in a stainless steel silver vessel on a stainless steel silver plate.  What's more - there was so much hot fudge sauce that it overflowed luxuriously to pool on the plate.  One was able to consume spoonfuls of just the hot fudge. 

Sadly, Bailey's has closed - I do not know when - but I did find the hot fudge recipe.









































 

No comments:

Post a Comment