Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankfulness and Abundance




The house has quieted after a bevy of Thanksgiving Eve activity.  As I sit here typing, the kitchen is redolent of the leftover sage, rosemary, and thyme that someone arranged in a bowl and put on the kitchen table. 

Throughout the day, friends and family noisily arrived  - some celebrating how their plans were not thwarted by the storm.  For dinner, I cooked a massive tray of macaroni and cheese.  Something new for Thanksgiving prep night and overall, a wonderful discovery for Thanksgiving. 

Last week at my job, we had Thanksgiving lunch - yes, a turkey was cooked - and we all brought dishes.  New colleagues shared that in their culture macaroni and cheese is part of their Thanksgiving meal.  I am all for macaroni and cheese - any time.   Shakenna's recipe was amazing and I am grateful that she shared it with me.  It was devoured here tonight and the big tin foil tray is already rolled up in the recycle bin.

So tonight was a perfect example of the great abundance in my life.  We ate and talked, chopped and remembered, peeled and laughed.  I always love the happy sound of friends and family in my house.

Now folks are safely tucked in or assembled in various places - by the fireplace finishing that last glass of wine or in the den watching a movie.  I will join them in a minute.  I just want to acknowledge what a lucky gal I am and how much I have to be thankful for.

Take it away Bing. 



 A favorite tune for the season and always.

Happy Thanksgiving!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment